Six Sigma Black BeltSix Sigma Black Belt
Country United States
Work Location NY, Auburn
Xylem Inc. is a leading global water technology company with over 3.8 billion in sales. Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market leading product brands and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world's most challenging water and wastewater problems. Xylem's 12,500 employees are unified in a common purpose: creating innovative solutions to meet our world's water needs. Applied Water Systems is one of 3 business units under the Xylem umbrella and some of their leading product brands and solutions include: Heat Transfer, Bell & Gossett, Goulds Water Technology and Flowtronex.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem's AWS business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world's needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world's water cifically, we are seeking a Six Sigma Black Belt.
TheSix Sigma Black Beltwill lead project teams to improve critical business processes that drive financial results. Report directly to the Value Center Champion. Scope projects; develop project plans and business cases. Recruit, train and lead project team members. Success in this position may lead to additional career opportunities of increasing responsibility.
1. Lead projects. Lead improvement projects within the value center and effectively coordinate these projects with the value center champion and other improvement project teams. Project leadership includes identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects with the problem solving methodology, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members. It is also critical to identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
2. Measure results. Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met. Provide value center champion with the results and take corrective project action as required to improve on results below target.
3. Recruit and train team members. Identify potential black belts and recruit Team Members into the Value Based Six Sigma infrastructure. Provide necessary training and coaching to team members to spread the base of Six Sigma Problem Solving tools.
4. Integrate improvement projects. Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
5. Communicate. Ensure 2-way open communication throughout the organization for VBSS. This includes keeping the value center champion informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities with other black belts. Also, this includes capturing project case histories that can be re-used for other projects.
Xylem offers and outstanding compensation and benefits package, medical, dental and life insurances; Investment Savings Plan (includes 401K) with employer matching. If you are looking for an exciting career with a world-class organization, make the move to Xylem.
Bachelor's Degree (Engineeringpreferred)
Experience: Black Belt certificationpreferred
·Experienced black belts will be capable of leading projects that contribute at least $1MM in incremental profit per year.
·Should have solid project management skills Interpersonal skills and team leadership skills.
·Should have knowledge of other functions that provide inputs regularly, i.e., Product Dev., Eng., Quality, Purchasing, Mfg., Finance, HR, and Operations.
·Working Knowledge of Minitab and or other Statistical software package desirable.
Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required Less than 25%